Friday, January 6, 2012

The Good Wishes Are Pouring In! Here Are Some More.



For those of you who didn't see my Facebook post-- I talked to John earlier today and he had it in him to yell at the TV to tell it to shut up so he could hear me. He says to tell you all he's having a great time in the hospital. I'll continue to post well wishes in batches. You can email me yours at spikegillespie@gmail.com or, if you'd like, just leave your good wishes in the comment section here. I told John about this page and if he hasn't checked it out yet, he'll be checking it out soon. So tell everyone to send their good wishes, eh?


Thanks!


MORE:



You bring us music
to expand our minds and souls.
Bring your heart home soon. 
--Susan Mack


John, please hurry up and get well so you can come back to us. Bring your
voice. -- Sue Reading



Word from you to you -
Notice songs both in and out.
Heart loves sky, Earth, life.

We count on you to bounce back, John, and then, whatever you want.
Hugs, Margot



Get well soon. I still remember you fondly after all these years. --B rgds, Stewart Wilber


Eklektikos Man:
Get better soon and heal deep
Blessings from my heart
 -- Steve Daniel  



I miss you!  Take you time and do what the doctors tell you, but when you can, hurry back! 
-- Jill Graff


 A few years ago, when cleaning out my cassette tapes to move my media center (and by cleaning out I mean stopping to listen to all of them) I came across a tape I made when I was probably 6 or 8 years old.  Certainly from the mid 80's because the tape it was on had bright blocks of hot pink and yellow on it.  I was speaking in a slow low voice telling the audience how much they were going to love this next piece, after which I proceeded to play a mad polka/march for the next 5 minutes on the Casio keyboard we had.  When I heard my voice again, I realized what I was doing.  I was doing an impression of John Aielli.  I suppose they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so even though I admit I may mock John from to time to time now, I still always wanted to BE John.  I keep dreading the day he leaves KUT, because radio is not going to be the same without him.  Get well soon, and stay that way!
 ~ Sean "Mr. Bones" Ellison  



My best wishes for a speedy recovery. My mornings are missing John.
--Content Love Knowles


Please heal,know that you are missed,your shirt is Salmon Pink,and you are loved. :) -- Renee Hayes


 Is the heart fragile?
Your heart is steel strong and sweet.
The beat goes on. Love.

--Jennifer Hill Robenalt


Big hearts, big minds, big souls
expanding out beyond the edges
where peace and love and joy abound
whilst frolicking among the hedges

-- Lynn Russell Kindler


Thursday radio
not so sprightly as usual
wellness returning
-- Nancy Day  

6 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how many times you've sent me scrambling to find a pen to write down the name of some fabulous artist I'd never heard before. You have been a big influence on my musical tastes - thank you for sharing your passion for music with the world! Get well soon, and I look forward to hearing your voice back on the air! - Rowan

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, Get well soon! Miss my morning date with you. Sharlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you deep healing.
    May you have peace and comfort.
    Love for you abounds.

    Thanks for being you.
    Miss your music and wisdom.
    Hope to hear you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, the radio waves just don't sound the same without you! Wish you well!

    Alexis Takvorian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear John,

    Even though you called me "Tricia Miller" when I sang on Eklektikos, I love you and hope you mend quickly! How did you have a heart attack, anyway? You're always talking about going to the gym!! That doesn't seem fair.

    Get back on the air, please, you are like part of my family.

    Yours truly,
    Tricia Miller, I mean Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and wishing you a gentle and speedy recovery. you are very loved!
    .kacyCrowley

    ReplyDelete